Mental Health First Aid is a 2 day in depth mental health awareness course, approved by the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH). On completion of this training, candidates are certified as ‘Mental Health First Aiders'.
Why should your organisation take the 2 day Mental Health First Aid Course?
• 1 in 6 employees will experience problems with stress, anxiety and depression at any one time
• Stress is the most common cause of long term sickness absence in the workplace
• Mismanagement of stress and mental well-being problems are costing UK businesses £30 billion per year (Centre for Mental Health)
The MHFA course will teach you to:
• Spot the early signs of stress and mental health problems
• Prevent mental health problems from getting worse
• Feel confident in helping someone experiencing a problem in the first instance
• Guide someone towards the right support
• Create an open forum where stress and mental well-being problems can be discussed
A recent study based on our own feedback from course delegates following various Mental Health First Aid courses found:
• 100 % of respondents rated this course as either good or very good
• 79% average increase in knowledge and understanding of how best to support others*
• 74% average increase in personal confidence of how best to support others*
Following the course, all participants will receive a certificate of attendance along with a comprehensive manual for further reference.