Join our MHFA Half Day Course to learn mental health awareness. The training offers a solid introduction on how to improve mental health and support wellbeing.
To book this course please visit our contact us page, call 0121 271 0550 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Half Day is a 4-hour introductory mental health awareness course, approved by the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH).
Foundational knowledge of some common mental health issues can go a long way towards improving overall workplace wellbeing. The stresses and strains of day-to-day work can affect anyone so it’s important to have people on your team who are able to recognise poor mental health and offer assistance. Mental health awareness training can play an important part in your employee wellbeing strategy, helping to create a happy, motivated and productive workforce.
This MHFA Half Day Course will help individuals better understand how to look after their own mental wellbeing, as well as equip them with techniques for supporting the wellbeing of their colleagues.
On completion of this training, candidates are certified as ‘Mental Health Aware’.
Why should your organisation take the MHFA Half Day course?
- One in five employees take a day off work because of stress. (Mind)
- One in three people has experienced mental health issues at work. (CIPD)
- In 2020/21 stress, depression or anxiety accounted for 50% of all work-related ill health cases. (HSE)
- Mental Ill-health is costing UK employers £1,500 per employee per year (all employees, not just those who are ill. (Thriving at Work Review)
- Work-related stress is the most common force of stress in the UK, with only 1% of people saying that they ‘never’ experience work stress. (Perkbox)
- A quarter of Britons say they have a mental health problem, and 63% say they know someone who does. (YouGov)
The MHFA Half Day course is designed to give:
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma.
- A basic knowledge of some of the common mental health issues.
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing.
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
What to expect:
- Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.
Everyone who completes the MHFA Half Day Course will receive:
- An MHFA manual to refer to whenever they need it.
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health.
- A certificate of attendance to say they are Mental Health Aware.
The feedback we have received from those that attended the MHFA course is hugely positive. Katie is inspiring and passionate and a great presenter, that I would highly recommend. Emma Newman, HR Advisor at Tectrade
MHFA Half Day Course Cost
Prices start from £137.50 + VAT per delegate.
How to book:
To book this MHFA Hald Day Course please visit our contact us page, call 0121 271 0550 or email us at email@example.com.
We also run 2 Day Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Training.