To find out more and book this training, please contact us here, call 0121 271 0550 or email email@example.com.
As the way we work continues to change, there is an increasing demand for accessible, flexible and engaging training solutions that meet the needs of the modern workforce.
This online mental health awareness course for employees increases understanding of mental health and confidence in supporting colleagues.
This training is divided into two parts, as follows:
- Part A: E-learning – Delegates will complete a 30-minute self-guided Mental Health at Work e-learning course to introduce them to the topic. Learning involves a mixture of video content, animations, worksheets and quizzes with all successful delegates receiving a certificate of completion. E-learning is accessible via the Altruist Academy.
- Part B: Live Webinar – Delegates will take part in an interactive 2.5-hour live webinar via Zoom. This session in facilitated by an expert Altruist Enterprises trainer and involves group discussions, delegate engagement via break out rooms and Q & A sessions. Delegates receive an electronic workbook to aid learning and guide them through the training. Webinars are delivered to a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 16 delegates at a time.
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Define mental health and some mental health issues
- Understand factors that affect mental health
- Recognise some of the signs and symptoms of stress and mental health issues
- Feel confident about starting mental health conversations
- Take steps to improve own mental well-being
Mental Health Awareness for Colleagues: Virtual Training Course Content:
Part A: E-learning, provides a basic introduction to mental health at work by defining key concepts and providing a knowledge base for employees to build upon. This section covers the following topics:
- The Mental Health Definition
- The Stress Bucket
- Personal Experience Presentation from an individual who has experienced mental ill-health at work
- Spotting the Early Warning Signs of a Mental Health Issue
- Top Tips for Starting Mental Health Conversations with Colleagues
- Interactive Quiz
Part B: Employees continue their learning by participating in a live webinar. This offers delegates the opportunity to take notice of their own well-being and identify strategies to support themselves and colleagues. This section covers the following topics:
- What is Mental Health? Group Discussion
- Use of language and stigma
- The mental health continuum
- Common mental health problems
- Spotting the signs of a mental health issue
- Starting mental health conversations
- Taking Care of Yourself
'Firstly, it was great to have a trainer who had experienced some of the effects of mental illness in his life. His delivery of the course was well executed. It made the experience more open from the get go and I think people contributed more. I came from this course with a much better understanding of mental health and how to deal with it, both for myself and with others'. Maeve McGlynn, Bid Coordinator, Jestico + Whiles
Prices start from £1150 + VAT for group bookings (8 - 16 delegates).