Our Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Half Day: Interactive Live Webinar is for employees who wish to gain a greater understanding of mental health and confidence in spotting the early signs of mental ill-health.
To find out more and book our Mental Health Live Webinar training, please contact us here, call 0121 271 0550 or email email@example.com.
MHFA Half Day: Live Webinar is an introductory mental health awareness course for employees, approved by the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH). On completion of this training, candidates are certified as ‘Mental Health Aware’.
What are the benefits of Mental Health Live Webinar Training?
Improving the level of mental health awareness in your organisation can drive important changes. The skills and knowledge delivered on this course will lead to more open conversations about mental health, helping to create a mental health-friendly workplace.
Mental health awareness should form a key part of your employee wellbeing strategy, tackling common mental health problems such as stress, anxiety and depression. Having ‘Mental Health Aware’ staff members will improve the overall mental health and wellbeing of your employees, delivering a happier and more productive workforce.
Statistics on workplace stress:
- Work-related stress is the most common force of stress in the UK, with only 1% of people saying that they ‘never’ experience work stress (Perkbox)
- A quarter of Britons say they have a mental health problem, and 63% say they know someone who does (YouGov)
- For every £1 invested in workplace mental health interventions, organisations see a return on investment of between £1.50 and £9 (Thriving at Work Review)
- 79% of organisations have reported stress-related absence and this figure rises to 90% for large organisations (CIPD)
- In 2020/21 stress, depression or anxiety accounted for 50% of all work-related ill health cases. (HSE)
The MHFA Half Day: Mental Health Live Webinar is designed to give:
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some of the common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
The MHFA Half Day: Live Webinar is completed over a four-hour interactive session, delivered via Zoom. We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that our trainer can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
MHFA Half Day: Mental Health Live Webinar Content:
Learning is facilitated by an expert Altruist Enterprises trainer and sessions involve group discussions, delegate engagement via break out rooms and Q & A opportunities.
Session 1 covers the following topics:
- What is mental health?
- Mental health continuum
- Factors which affect mental health
- Stigma and discrimination
- Stress and stress management
- Spotting signs of distress
Session 2 covers the following topics:
- Mental health conditions such as Anxiety Disorders and Depression
- Take 10 Together - starting a supportive conversation
- Supporting mental health in the workplace
- Useful statistics
- Helpful resources
Everyone who completes the MHFA Half Day: Mental Health Live Webinar will receive:
- An MHFA manual to refer to whenever they need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say they are Mental Health Aware
'I really enjoyed the half day mental health awareness course and found it really informative. I now feel more confident with identifying and supporting people with mental health issues and also in talking about mental health in general. I think it also helped that the Tutor had so much good information and examples to share with us and that he interacted with the group very well’.Scott Langford, School Sport Development Coach, Wolverhampton Wanderers Foundation
Prices for the MHFA Half Day: Mental Health Live Webinar start from £125 + VAT per delegate (8 - 16 delegates).