To register your interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 0121 271 0550 or contact us here.
Train as a Mental Health First Aider online!
In these uncertain times, MHFA skills are ever more relevant to supporting our colleagues and the wider community to stay well. In addition, digital delivery is safe and secure, flexible, more cost-effective and sessions can be completed in the comfort of your own home.
Approved by the Royal Society for Public Health, this in-depth mental health awareness course involves self-guided learning and instructor-led live interactive webinars.
The MHFA online training is completed over 4 manageable sessions, delivered via the MHFA England Online Learning Hub (similar to Zoom and Microsoft teams), as follows:
Pre-1 - Self-guided learning to be completed before instructor-led live interactive webinar 1 (1 hour)
Instructor-led live interactive webinar 1 - 24th June 2020 (9:30 am - 11:15am)
Pre-2 - Self-guided learning to be completed before instructor-led live interactive webinar 2 (2 hours)
Instructor-led live interactive webinar 2 - 1st July 2020 (9:30am - 11:50am)
Pre-3 - Self-guided learning to be completed before instructor-led live interactive webinar 3 (2 hours)
Instructor-led live interactive webinar 3 - 8th July 2020 (9:30 am - 11:30am)
Pre-4 - Self-guided learning to be completed before instructor-led live interactive webinar 4 (2 hours)
Instructor-led live interactive webinar 4 - 15th July 2020 (9:30 am - 11:25am)
The Mental Health First Aid online course provides:
- An understanding of mental health and the factors that can influence wellbeing
- Practical skills to identify the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal and listening skills
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support e.g. Employee Assistance Programme, self-help resources or the NHS
To find out more about the content of this course, take a look at our Mental Health First Aid Online Course page here.
Everyone who completes the Mental Health First Aid online training will receive:
- A certificate to say they are a Mental Health First Aider
- An MHFA manual to refer to whenever they need it
- An MHFA workbook
- An MHFA Action Plan ‘Z card’
The cost of this course is £250 + VAT per delegate. This includes MHFA Manual, Workbook, Action Plan 'Z card' and Certification.
Further details and joining instructions will be sent once places have been confirmed.