It is important that we are able to spot the early signs of stress and mental health issues in the workplace. As with physical health, the sooner you intervene and begin to help the problem, the quicker the recovery will be.
Here are some early warning signs that you need to look out for in your employees/colleagues:
- Arriving late to work/ erratic time keeping
- Loss of concentration
- Being tired all the time
- Appearing withdrawn or agitated
- Decreased productivity
- Changes in eating habits/times
- Lack of co-operation/ communication issues
- Seemingly ‘over the top’ reactions
- Physical aches and pains
We all experience some of these from time to time but if one or more of these signs are present for longer periods then there may be some cause for concern.