To book this course, please call 0121 271 0550 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A five-day course spread over one month to increase understanding of mental health and develop confidence in delivering mental health training. These timings allow participants to understand how to deliver mental health training, familiarise themselves with course material and reflect on their learning.
This programme enables successful participants to deliver the 1-day Mental Health at Work: Managers course and is supported by West Midlands Academic Health Science Network (WMAHSN).
Who is this course for?
- Organisations who wish to build confidence around mental health and cascade essential information throughout their organisation in a cost-effective manner.
- Colleagues with relevant experience in employee mental health e.g. well-being lead/advisor or in facilitating learning and delivering training.
- Colleagues with the capacity and ability to deliver this training throughout teams within their organisation.
Days 1 & 2 – Experiencing the 1-day Mental Health at Work: Managers course first hand. Personal experience presentations where 3 individuals will come in and share their own personal experiences of mental ill-health to the group. Delegates will have the opportunity to ask questions.
Days 3 & 4 – Presentation and facilitation techniques and applying skills to mental health training delivery. This includes ensuring a safe and inclusive environment when discussing the topic of mental health as it can evoke certain emotions.
Day 5 - Participants will be required to deliver a section of the Mental Health at Work: Managers course as an assessed task. This is where we assess each individual’s delivery style and provide feedback accordingly.
Participants will be required to undertake independent study throughout this time which includes preparing for the assessment task on Day 5. Each participant will have access to a mentor who will be able to provide support and guidance.
What to expect:
- Learning takes place through a mixture of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.
Everyone who completes the course will receive:
- Training materials including a Mental Health at Work booklet
- A certificate of attendance
- Mental Health Awareness E-learning refresher training, 6 months following completion of the programme
- Access to an online community to share ideas and best practice with other trainers and industry experts
All that attended the training found it to be engaging, interactive and extremely beneficial. I have no doubt that those who attended will now be well equipped to deliver the Mental Health at Work course to our managers effectively. Elizabeth Edwards, HR Business Partner, Paragon Banking Group PLC