To register your interest in this training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 0121 271 0550 or contact us here.
Why attend the Mental Health First Aid Refresher training?
Did you complete your 2-day Mental Health First Aid course between 2015 and 2018? If so, now is the time to attend your refresher course to renew skills, update mental health knowledge, and apply new MHFA techniques.
Training is delivered as a 4-hour interactive live webinar via Zoom.
It is recommended that Mental Health First Aiders complete a refresher course every three years. Please note that the MHFA Refresher is only for people who have completed the Mental Health First Aid Two Day course.
When does this training take place?
Date: Thursday 14th January 2021
Time: 9:30am - 1:30pm
Mental Health First Aid Refresher Course Content:
Learning is facilitated by an expert Altruist Enterprises trainer and sessions involve group discussions, delegate engagement via break out rooms and Q & A opportunities.
The refresher session covers the following topics:
- The role of a Mental Health First Aider
- Mental Health and Factors which Affect Wellbeing
- Stigma and Discrimination
- Non-judgemental Listening Skills
- Mental Health First Aid Action Plan
- Common mental health conditions
- Practising Mental Health First Aid skills
- Self-care, wellbeing and recovery
Everyone who completes the Mental Health First Aid Refresher online training will receive:
- An MHFA manual to refer to whenever they need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health
- A certificate of attendance
The cost of this course is £125 + VAT per delegate.
Further details and joining instructions will be sent once places have been confirmed.