Date: Monday 9th October 2017 Time: 9:30am – 12:30pm
Location: Solihull Fire Station Lecture Room, B91 1QY
Cost: £95 per delegate
Further details will be sent out once places have been confirmed.
The course enables participants to:
- Gain a wider understanding, for themselves and others, of some of the issues surrounding mental health
- Gain a greater understanding of how and why positive and negative mental health effects business
- Work more effectively with people experiencing mental health problems
- Identify the discrimination surrounding mental health problems
- Define mental health & some mental health problems
- Relate to people’s experiences
- Help support people with mental health problems
- Begin developing a business case for promoting positive mental health in the workplace
- Look after their own mental health
Following the course, participants will all receive a certificate of attendance, along with a manual for further reference.
“Myself and colleagues attended a Mental Health First Aid Lite course delivered by Altruist at Three Trees Community Centre, Solihull. We learnt about some of the main mental health problems, how to support others who may be experiencing issues, and also discussed ways to support our own wellbeing. The course was very thought provoking and delegates were able to discuss personal experiences and share best practice in a safe and comfortable environment.” Sophia Nasreisfahany, Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council.
To register your interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your name, role and organisation.